Wednesday 10 September 2008

Back to the 80s

SaRaH from "Partum Vixi Solus" had a post about "Death Magnetic", metallica's newest album, where she claimed that it was Metallica back in the good old 80s...
I was skeptical of this at first, as they have been off track for so long.
but after listening to it, i was taken back by the thrash sound Metallica was so famous for back then. I have to be honest, not all of the tracks were thunder driven, but it's a start.... another one.
This got me thinking about what a friend of mind told me:
"Back to the 80s" he said.
I'm thinking of his words in light of listening to "Airbourne", i discovered them a few months back when i was "clean" off metal, and didn't have any clue about what was news.
They gave my heart a jolt, a pleasant one i might add. They sounded so much like "AC/DC" and "Motley Crew" that they gave me a brain freeze from all the good tunes they brought back...... "back to the 80s" he said.
Then there is "Cavalera Conspiracy" which somehow witnessed the reunion of the cavalera brothers, and i can't but help remembering the old "Sepultura" music, less tribal more thrash...."back to the 80s"
I wonder if there are others out there, is the metal scene sounding more like it did back in the good ol' days?

3 comments:

Sou said...

I am glad I gave some good memories to remember :)
Airbourne huh.. did not know u are into Jazz:)

Vile said...

Airbourne are incredible, they are without bias the AC/DC of this age.
if you haven't heard them, then you should.
*I'm assuming that you do like AC/DC*

Sou said...

Well have not heard them yet but will do and let you know what i think :)